Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Tahoe - SNOW!

We were lucky to run off to Tahoe for a weekend with the boys.  We left mid-day on a Friday and traveled through Yuba City and and Grass Valley through Hwy 20 to avoid all traffic on our way up.  It was the easiest two hour drive, ever - in our new car!  We did it.  We bought a 2015 Toyota Sienna Mini Van - steel blue.  I was definitely against getting that kind of suburbia soccer mom car.  But, then we went to the dealership and I sat in that huge car with automatic doors, and I couldn't resist the convenience and space.  Sold!

Luke and I were so excited to take a car up to the snow and test out the family car trip experience and all wheel drive function.  The car did great. Clay happily sat in his captain's chair and watched Planes, Fire and Rescue movie the whole way up.

In Tahoe, we had a blast.  The first night, we cooked dinner at home and relaxed.  Clay slept downstairs in the bunk bed, by himself, and thought it was a party.  We put Ryan in the "dark room," and he did fine in there.  We had fun the next day sledding in the backyard.  I also took Clay to Homewood for an hour of skiing, which SO much fun.  Clay did great.  That night, we ended up going to Sunnyside for dinner, which was fantastic.  


Ryan was bundled the entire time, so I'm not sure he enjoyed the snow all that much. 
Go Clay and Luke!




That's me, walking up the hill, yes, with the baby in the ergo to sled down the hill.


Success!

Clay did such a great job! I was pretty exhausted carrying him up and down the hill.  


Please be good kids so your dad and I can enjoy a cocktail overlooking this beautiful lake!


No comments:

Post a Comment