 |
| 39 weeks and 5 days... |
During my pregnancy with Clay, I just had so much time! I had time to meticulously document my pregnancy with a beautiful photo/journal. I had time to take monthly pictures during my pregnancy and upload them to this blog to scrutinize over my growing belly. And, I had time to exercise, eat right and pamper myself before the baby!
This time around, Luke and I are just as excited to meet our little one. In fact, quite possibly, we're even a little bit more excited since now we know how much fun it is to have another personality running around the house. I can't wait to see what Baby Brother is like. Will he be like Clay, who is pretty adventurous and silly? Will he also only wear certain t-shirts (SF Giants!!) and love his little stuffed animal dog, like Clay? I know it's more likely that he'll have his own little personality, and I just can't imagine another silly kid in our house.
I'm in the home stretch. Baby boy's due date is August 2nd. Today, it's Sunday, July 31st, and I'm hoping, fingers crossed, that the baby comes early. Please come early! It's so hot in Colusa, and my belly is super huge. I forgot how big you get during the last month of pregnancy! Huge huge HUGE!
Luke and I are packing in a lot of last minute projects before Bing Bong comes. We've (actually, it's been all Luke) been working on our back yard. My parents and brother came to Colusa for a weekend, and they helped us start to build a backyard fence to go around our, wait for it, pool!!! My brother ordered us some beautiful redwood lumber from the bay area, so we are pretty lucky to have the hook up, and he also lended us his expertise in how to construct a fence. My mom and I stayed in the cool 78 degree house while the guys worked in the backyard, and we attempted to paint our master bathroom, which we're also redoing.
We are busy, but we're having fun getting organized before our family expands. Every night I go to bed, I wonder if tonight is the night our lives change, once again. Will it be tonight?!
 |
| Clay announces his baby brother's pending arrival, with Clay's muscles showing. |
 |
| Gender Reveal Cake that we shared with our family. We're having another boy!!! |
 |
| My dad surprised us all by joining us at the gender reveal party. I couldn't believe it! |
 |
| Palm Springs throw back - Clay and Grandma Cindy making orange juice. |
 |
| Clay and I basking in the cool pool at Palm Springs. |
 |
| Luke demolishing our bathroom. No floor, bathtub gone and walls all removed. |
 |
| Clay and his crazy cousins in Butte Meadows. |
 |
| These almond apricot scones should have been blue ribbon winners at the Colusa County Fair. |
 |
| Clay and Levi always have their mouths open, since they're having so much fun. |
 |
| Clay and I walking around Bidwell Park in Chico on Mother's Day this year. |
 |
| Clay and I playing at Bidwell Park on Mother's Day. |
 |
| Luke and I celebrate 5 years of wedded bliss together! We go to Davis in the morning for the Farmer's Market and brunch, and then we drive to Capay Valley for a scenic drive. We stumbled upon this cool lavender festival, where I took this amazing photo in which I don't look pregnant. :) |
 |
| My mom and sisters meet me in Davis for tea and baby sprinkling. |
 |
| Did I mention we're putting in a pool!? |
 |
| Our pool will certainly come in handy for our out of town guests during the hot summer months. My friend Rachel came up for a night to visit in June. |
 |
| Hi Luke! How is your bathroom remodel going!? |
 |
| Luke, Clay and I sneak up to Butte Meadows mid week at 38 weeks pregnant. We can't believe our family of three will soon be four. Clay is in for a huuuuuge shock! |
 |
| Thanks for coming up to Colusa Dad for the fence building party! |
 |
| My brother makes the BEST fences. |
No comments:
Post a Comment