| In anticipation of cold weather, we bought Clay this warm red beanie. |
| Per usual, Clay is having a meltdown here while Bodhi is so calm and relaxed. |
We spent our Thanksgiving with Luke's family in Fair Oaks at the La Marrs. Kyrstin and Chris prepared a delicious turkey, and we had fun playing and relaxing all day smelling the bird cooking.
| Kyrstin put out these cute name cards for Thanksgiving |
| This is Clay's most fancy shirt. |
Luke and I were very excited to spend December with Clay. We're both big fans of Christmas cheer and we couldn't wait to show Clay how it's done. I bought Clay a silly green and white elf outfit from Target, complete with a matching stripped hat. I was sure to have Clay wear his Christmas outfit as much as possible. I would have made him wear it every day, but he always seemed to poop in it.
Early December, we drove up to Apple Hill to chop down our tree. That morning, we woke up to freezing temperatures in Davis and a news forecast filled with snow in the mountains. We were hesitant to drive in the snow, but we decided to make an adventure out of it. We're so glad we did! It was a winter wonderland up in Apple Hill.
| It was a winter wonder land! |
We drove around the mountains listening to Christmas music. The trees were all wet, frozen and white, so we didn't actually chop down our tree as originally planned. I convinced Luke to get an 8 footer from Costco. Luke had to chop off the top to get it to fit in our living room. I loved it, and I think Clay did too.
The weekend before Christmas, we spent time in Colusa with Luke's family.
And then Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we were with my family.
It was fun opening up presents with Clay. He loved the wrapping paper and ribbons!
Lastly, we went up to Tahoe for New Years with my mom and dad, and Matt's kids, Matthew, Ben and Katherine. It was a typical Sasan Tahoe vacation, with great meals, playing in the snow, and an intense game of spoons (which I won!!!). We ended up celebrating New Years Eastern Time, which was fine by me. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next year brings for our family!
I love the pictures! I especially love the last one with Clay and your dad. So cute!!
ReplyDelete